Developing software with Scrum requires developers and testers to understand Agile Engineering Practices, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Refactoring and Continuous Integration (CI). These skills are needed to develop good software with better quality. A Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) has a strong understanding of scrum principles and Agile engineering.
Scrum’s incremental-iterative approach to software development requires Development Teams to find, learn, and implement solid technical practices. The 5 day course provides developers, testers and managers with a comprehensive introduction to these practices. Throughout the course, participants will create solutions to real problems, including developing tests, designing and coding solutions, validating the solution and then refactoring their initial designs to improve code quality.
To earn a CSD credential, at least five days of formal training taught by Scrum Alliance REPs are required. Out of this:
- A minimum of three days must be technical training through a three-day CSD technical skills course.
- At least one day must be dedicated to the study of Scrum through an introduction to Scrum or a CSM course
- Days 4 and 5 can be either completing a Certified Scrum Master certification OR attending a one-day Scrum elective course and a one-day introduction to Scrum course. This 5 day course fulfils the minimum requirements for the CSD certification.
You must also demonstrate an understanding of Agile engineering practices by passing a CSD assessment provided by the trainer. The trainer will upload and pay the certification fees for students as they take CSD-track courses. If you are a Scrum Alliance member and a CSM and take a 3-day CSD Technical Track course, you will receive notification to accept your CSD license, and the CSD certification will be added to your profile. There is no need for you to apply. Your certification is good for two years.
If you are not yet a Scrum Alliance member at the time of the first CSD track course, then you will receive membership for one year. After you complete all CSD requirements, as listed above, you will receive CSD certification notification. Your certification is good for two years.
You must make a lifelong commitment to continuous improvement by incorporating Scrum principles and practices into your world of work.
What you will learn:
- Understand your role on a Scrum team
- Apply the fundamentals of Scrum
- Scrum – Scrum, scrum roles, ceremonies and artefacts
- How to quickly and accurately break down work requirements
- Collaboration – Pair programming, within the scrum team and other stakeholders
- Agile Architecture and Design – Emerges design and SOLID design principles
- SOLID design Principles
- Practice just-in-time development and avoid overdesign
- Tools for code Refactoring – continually increase quality and built-in maintainability
- Acceptance Testing
- Test-Driven Development – to encourage simple design and inspire confidence, better code coverage and peace of mind
- pointUser stories and estimation – 3 C’s, INVEST and relative estimation through story
What you will get:
- 40 PDUs upon completion of 5-day Training / 24 PDUs upon completion of 3-day Training
- High quality training from certified industry experts
- Courseware approved by Scrum Alliance
- Scrum Alliance membership for 2 years
- Course completion certificate
- End-to-end support via email, chat and phone
- Introduction of Agile – Why Agile, Agile Manifesto, Agile principles and values
- Introduction of Other Agile Methodologies – XP, Kanban, Lean and DSDM
- Discussion on Scrum Roles
- Discussion on Scrum Ceremonies
- Difference on Scrum Artifacts
- Estimation and Planning – User Story writing and Estimation techniques
- Distributed Team and best practices for distributed team
- Introduction to Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development – why, what and how
- Difference between ATDD, BDD and TDD
- Hands-on practice on Fitnesse, Cucumber, Selenium and SpecFlow
- Planning Agile Software Development
- Agile Architecture and Design
- SOLID design Principles
- Test Driven Development
- Refactoring, Patterns and Anti-Patterns
- When and how to Refactor
- Collaboration and Pair Programming
- Continuous Integration
- Benefits of Continuous Integration
- Discussion on Build Type
- Discussion on Continuous Testing, Inspection, Deployment
Frequently Asked Questions:
You will receive course completion certificate from “Skillsswear” training institute.
We provide all convenient mode of training (Classroom Training, Online Classroom Training, Onsite Training and E-Learning) based on participant requirement. Our Online Classroom trainings are interactive sessions that enable you to ask questions and participate in discussions during class time. We do, however, provide recordings of each session you attend for your future reference.
Any registration cancelled within 48 hours of the initial registration will be refunded in Full (please note that all cancellations will incur a 5% deduction in the refunded amount due to transactional costs applicable while refunding). Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written request for refund.
Your instructor-led live virtual classes will be held online, and you have the flexibility of attending from anywhere. All you need is a windows computer with good internet connection to attend your classes online. A headset with microphone is recommended.
You may also attend these classes from your smart phone or tablet.
You can attend upcoming sessions at your convenience.
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer any queries you may have.